Waiter! This Coffee
Is Stale!

Yes, because Desirable Roasted Coffee
has moved to a new location


Desirable Roasted Coffee has moved to
a new home at allanjenkins.typepad.com.


Fundamental Shift in Communication -- Albrycht is writing

While Scoble, Shel Israel, Hans Henrik, Jeremy, and Fredrik fray it out over who is really writing an open-source blogging book (update: Jeremy writes me that his is not open source), I am looking forward to Elizabeth Albrycht's January blog on "Moving to a New Communication Model".

Not because I don't think the other projects won't make fine reading, but I like EA's interest in synthesizing the effects of all the recent network tools on the broad range of communication disciplines.

Let Albrycht describe it:

"Over the past few years, I have watched and participated in the changes confronting communications practitioners due to the Internet, the web, mobility etc. -- all of the new networked communications tools. I think something more is going on here than just a bunch of new tools added to our professional communicator's tool kits I believe a fundamental shift in the entire model of communications is now possible.

"I am talking about moving from the old command/control, uni-directional, war-metaphor driven practices of the past to a cooperative, multi-directional model a la the Cluetrain."


And she's asking for volunteers (if you have the right stuff):

"I will be leading a blog week at the International Association of Online Communicators blog in January on this topic. I am currently looking for a few people to join me. Richard Bailey has already said he'd like to, and I need at least three other folks. This will be a very academic, research-oriented discussion, which I hope will offer fruitful paths forward to the creation of such a model."


Read her full post.

Update: her further clarification (which I excerpt here):

"For the primary authors of the week-long blog at the IAOC, I'd ideally like people who feel comfortable moving in other disciplines (than marketing/comms) who could highlight and explain how their work could tie into a comms model. For example, econometrics, game theory, the psychology of cooperation, pragmatism/philosophy, node theory, future studies, etc. etc."


Allan Jenkins posted this at 08:59. Permalink |


"Roasting and Grinding"