Waiter! This Coffee
Is Stale!

Yes, because Desirable Roasted Coffee
has moved to a new location


Desirable Roasted Coffee has moved to
a new home at allanjenkins.typepad.com.


Dude, Where's My Car? (Mazda M3, I mean)

Update: the Mazda blog has been taken down. I guess they didn't want it becoming a cautionary tale. Still, the story will go into my next presentation on blogging & marketing.

Reading the feeds this 5 AM, I see Steve Rubel and Pamela Parker roasting a fake blog set up by Mazda to tout its M3 line. I just knew it had to be so bad it would make my morning....

But Mazda may be quicker than we think: Apparently, the instantly-loading video that Rubel and Parker complain of has been taken down. And the one thing that Parker could find to praise -- comments! -- is no more.

Of course, if the comment Parker quoted is right, Mazda probably got cold feet about allowing commments:

TimmyGUNZ said...

This commercial sucks. Maybe if it wasn't for a piece of shit car like a Mazda it would have potential. Only an idiot would ever buy a Mazda!!!


The blog is still lame: the copy is almost a parody of teenspeak, and the premise is utterly cynical. Still, how many cars does it need to sell to pay for itself?

via Micro Persuasion and The River

Allan Jenkins posted this at 05:47. Permalink |


"Roasting and Grinding"